Running or being part of a Discord server is quite an engaging and demanding task. Especially if you’re moderating a Discord server, time can fly like no other, and before you know it, you’ve got tons of tasks remaining, and you’ve only crossed one item off your list.
While Discord is a fantastic place to start a community on anything you’re passionate about, moderating large servers, including chat rooms, voice rooms, etc., can be quite a demanding task. And on top of that, you need to keep fellow members engaged and interested as well. Here is where bots come to the rescue by allowing you to moderate your Discord server and add some fun at the same time.
There are so many moderation bots to choose from. Each with its own unique commands and features that make managing and running a server a painless task, and today we’re going to be talking about the Groovy bot.
But before we head on into all the details, if you’re interested to learn more about other bots like Dyno Bot or Carl Bot for Discord, we’ve made extensive posts on them, too, so check them out.
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty details of Groovy Bot.
Table of Contents
- What is Groovy Bot?
- Groovy Bot Features and Commands
- How to Install Groovy Bot for Your Discord Server
As the name may suggest, Groovy bot can be used to play your favorite tunes on your Discord server from platforms like Spotify, YouTube, or Soundcloud. While there are many music-playing bots available for Discord like Rythm Bot, Groovy just makes things easier to install and run and let you actually groove out to your favorite songs without much hassle.
Despite being around for quite some time now, Groovy bot has been through many such changes and upgrades to design and add premium options for Discord servers that pay for it. Plus, they’ve made sure that while you’re running music, there is no delay or lag for any Discord server, and you get the best quality available.
It is one of the best music bots out there to play music without tweaking your server or patching hard to understand commands. And premium users can play music 24/7 without stopping, adding audio effects, saving queues, and much more.
So what are some good to know commands for the Groovy bot? Glad you asked!
We’re discussing its features and commands in detail in the next section.
Groovy bot has many cool features for playing music and commands that can come in handy when managing a large audience on your Discord server. But before you can start playing music, you have to make sure that the Groovy bot is installed in a voice channel.
Here are some features:
- Play your favorite music from sites like YouTube, Soundcloud, or Spotify.
- You can add music in queues, save them as playlists, pause, resume or skip track anytime while a track is being played.
- Display lyrics and identify which users or roles can access Groovy bot to play music.
- Although Groovy bot is entirely free, you can buy a premium version where you get many added benefits like running the bot 24/7, saving your queued songs, and run Groovy bot on more than one server at a time.
Now let’s see some commands to use for your Groovy Bot:
- Play: with this command, you can play any song through the link or search query you’ve entered from Spotify or YouTube. Click Enter to start playing.
- Shuffle: through Shuffle, you can randomize the tracks added in a queue.
- Queue: speaking of Queue, use this command to view all the available tracks in your queue.
- Resume: you can resume playing the track which was paused.
- Pause: pause any song currently playing by using this command.
- Bass boost: if you want to add more bass to the songs being played, you can boost it with this command. Inputting Reset will set the volume back to default.
- Nightcore: this is another cool feature through which you can enable nightcore mode for a more ambiance effect and similar tracks.
With all the talk about commands and features for the Groovy bot, here is how you can set it up and install it for your own Discord server.
Setting up the Groovy bot is pretty simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to install it:
- Go to Groovy.bot. Click on Login in the upper right corner if you’ve already registered your Discord server.
- Or click on Add to Discord on the main web page.
- Register with your email credentials if you haven’t already, and sign in.
- Select the permissions you wish to allow the Groovy bot to receive. From the drop down list, select your Discord Server in the Add Bot section.
- Click on continue and then click on Authorize.
- Here you may have to verify yourself as a human, so follow the steps to complete the quick process.
- Now go back to your Discord server dashboard, and you will find Groovy bot added to your server.
- Start grooving and playing your favorite tunes with the commands we mentioned above.
As you can see from this tutorial, adding Groovy bot is relatively simple and easy to use. If you’re looking to get started with this bot to play music on your Discord server, just follow the steps mentioned above to set up the Groovy bot.
When it comes to playing music without a hassle, Groovy is the best choice for beginners as it really makes it a simple and no-fluff required process. Like we mentioned above, you can buy the premium version of Groovy bot to get additional features if you have more than one Discord server and want to enjoy loads of other cool features. Check out those features here.
If you want to explore more awesome Discord Bots check out this article about the best discord bots!